Obviously, I am in a bit of blogging denial.
I never intended to blog.
Not that I saw anything wrong with it. But it’s worth noting that I wasn’t even sure what a blog really was until fairly recently. Until last year, blogging, in my mind, was something reserved for techies (ironic, I know, since I’m actually in the technology field), news junkies and celebrity gossip mongers.
Blogging – and reading blogs – was something other people did. Not me.
Once again, I was wrong.
Here I am, not only blogging, but joining my first blog hop, courtesy of the D-List. I debated for a while about opening this blog up to others in cyberspace. Partly because most of the stuff I write about is random pieces of my daily insanity, and I’m not sure others would find quite as funny or amusing as I do. But also because I’ve kind of enjoyed the obscurity and anonymity of blogging for no one but myself.
I started this blog as a means to an end. I needed a place to capture my thoughts about my kids: the things they said or did that made me want to laugh, cry, or run for the bottle of Pepto Bismol. I found myself forgetting details about their growing up I never thought I would (not surprising, because hell, some days I forgot whether I brushed my teeth or put on deodorant).
I found blogging to be the perfect outlet for this, but it became so much more. A cathartic, almost therapeutic outlet for me to journal about the good, the bad and the ugly.
I had no idea the vast network of “mom blogs” that existed out there. But once I started exploring a little more, I found that there were some really funny, inspiring stories told by other parents who shared many of the same sentiments and experiences as me. Parenting can be insanely rewarding, challenging and lonely all at the same time. It’s nice to know we’re not going at it all by ourselves.
Soo, to get this party started, a few things about me:
- I’m a full time, telecommuting mom with two little rugrats (the namesakes of this blog), a ferocious tabby named Booyah, and a ball and chain (I say that in the most loving way)
- I love beer. And not that foo-foo microbrew stuff. Give me a Bud Light any day, and I’m a happy girl.
- I am neurotic about organizing. I’ve unfortunately passed this trait onto my daughter, who likes to sort her M&M’s into color-coded little piles before eating them.
- I am crafty, and not in the sly, sneaky sort of way. I would love to have more time to do things like knitting, sewing, and decorating. Maybe one day I’ll take up macrame. Oh, and I also have a side business doing custom nursery artwork.
- I think Las Vegas is the happiest place on earth. Like Disneyland for adults. Although, I don’t buy into the slogan, “What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas.” I have two kids to disprove that.
So that’s a little about me and how this blog came to be. Kudos if you’ve actually read this far. If you’re looking for a good place to start, some of my favorite posts can be found in the “Oldies by Goodies” section at the top.
Thanks for stopping by and checking things out…and for helping to enable my latest addiction.