Forget the firetrucks. The Spiderman toys. The Pillow Pets.
Chip’s favorite present this year? Was the smiley face pancake griddle that was meant for me.
It’s pretty funny to see a toddler ditch the toys in lieu of lugging around an 8-pound cast iron skillet all day. But lug he did.
And lick he did.
I’m not sure where his obsession with frying pans came from. But if it means he might cook me breakfast in bed, I’m all for it.
Some other random Christmas stats and figures:
- Number of Christmas celebrations we attended in a period of 32 hours: 4
- Number of minutes my kids napped in those two days: 38
- Number of celebrations where food was served: 4
- Number of pounds I’ve gained since Christmas Eve: 7
- Number of those pounds that have gone straight to my butt: 7
- Number of celebrations that served alcoholic beverages: 1
- Number of mimosas Momma consumed at Christmas brunch: stats not available.
- Number of times the phrase “Are we there yet?” was heard: 38
- Number of times “Ask that again and you’ll get a lump of coal in your stocking” was said: 22
(Kidding. Obviously. I only said it about 5 times.)
Probability we’ll do it all again next year: 99%
Because that’s the way we roll. Laughter, family, a boatload of food, and a healthy dose of chaos. It doesn’t get much better than that in my book. And really, I wouldn’t change a thing.
Well, maybe one thing. I’m thinking that next year, I think I’m going to skip the toys altogether and buy my son a sauté pan instead.