I love the internet.
Which is a good thing, because I spend entirely too much time on it. At work. While blogging. And while aimlessly surfing around cyberspace when I should, instead, be sleeping.
But the best thing about the internet? The fact that, with a few clicks of a mouse, you can make pictures like this:
Or videos like this:
I’ve seen this 8 times today, and it still makes me laugh.
Seriously, folks. Stuff like this is too funny not to share. I think this is so cool, in fact, that I’m teaming up with my blog buddy, Sandra, to bring you some holiday linky goodyness.
We’re hosting an Elf Off, and we’d love for you to join in!
Just link up a blog post containing your own personalized e-card greeting. We used JibJab for ours (you can create your own free holiday-themed picture or video by clicking here or here) but there are lots of other sites where you can create similar e-cards.
Then, grab a button from below, link up, and check out some of the other holiday cheer. You can link up here, or over at Sandra’s place, Sawdust and Paper Scraps.
The linky will remain open through December 25, 2010.
A few updates and questions answered:
- We’d love to see any types of holiday greetings: Christmas, Hanukkah, winter scenes, crazy dancing elves… all are welcome!
- If you’re using JibJab, and have problems embedding your video, here are some tips:
- Click on the “Share” button when you’re done creating your video.
- At the bottom of the screen, there is a small text box where you can copy the embed code into your post.
- Alternatively, you can also download your video for a small fee, and then upload to YouTube.
- There may be prizes involved. No promises… but depending on the number of entries, we may be throwing some cheesy awards your way for entries that make us pee our pants in laughter. Awards may or may not be Deliciously Evil in nature.