Today is my birthday.
And I won’t be here. In bloggyland, that is.
Because in real life, I’ll be too busy:
- Dealing with the fire department because I accidentally started a huge blaze while attempting to blow out the candles on my cake.
- Recovering from Black Friday.
- Waking up from my tryptophan-induced hibernation.
- Reminiscing about how 25 used to seem old.
- Thinking about how I’ve officially closer to 40-something than I am to 30-something.
- Drinking copious amounts of beer due to the aforementioned thought.
- Drinking prune juice and taking my Geritol. ‘Cause I’ve heard that’s what old people do.
- Realizing how pathetic I sound bemoaning another birthday. In reality, I have lots to be thankful for. Like the fact that I still get carded at the grocery store.
- Admiring the
shiny bling my husband got mecard my kids made me for my birthday.
- Celebrating my latest fantasy football win.
- Spouting some belated Thanksgiving sentiments over at Kludgy Mom’s place.
Hint: the correct answer is #11. However, #1, 6 and 7 may also be true. And I remain optimistic about #10.