Except for when it doesn’t.
My husband took the kids down to Grammie’s for the weekend so mom could have a few days off. He’s a good egg, that one.
Two things that did not stay at Grammie’s?
1. The giant, three foot long snake that was won at the fair. No household would be complete without one.
2. A two pound bag of salt water taffy that mysteriously found its way home. And visual proof that, while at Grammie’s, copious amounts of sugar are consumed.
Not that there was any doubt. But now I have evidence. And a giant orange snake.
We love you, Grammie.
And now, on to some bloggy stuff.
A few kind souls have given me some blog awards lately, and I’ve been remiss in getting a thank-you note written. My mother would be shocked at my manners. A big thank you to Lindsay at Barefoot Adventures and Ethnically Ambiguous for sending the Versatile Blogger Award, and Cameron at Ingenue Mom for the Cherry on Top Award.
Second, I’m kind of tickled that over the weekend, I became a made man in the Nerd Mafia, run by Liz, KLZ and Natalie. I actually see myself more like Carmella Soprano, but mafia wives aren’t included in their hierarchy. I’m still looking for a good place where I can proudly display this button:
And lastly, I have a little question for you. Your eyes aren’t fooling you; I once again changed the colors/background on the blog. I get bored easily, plus I like switching out the picture in the header now and then. Since apparently I am not the only one reading this anymore, I am simply curious how others feel about blog changes every 2-3 months. Is it:
- Fresh and fun. I hated your last color scheme anyway.
- Annoying as all get out. Just pick one and stick with it already.
- Not something I ever noticed. I’m colorblind/so fascinated by the words I don’t look at the colors/only reading your blog through a feed reader.
- Of no consequence to me. I’m only here to see pictures of my grandkids, anyway.