Why Vlogging is a good idea. In theory.

I tried.

For Mama Kat’s Writer’s Workshop, I was going to do a cute Vlog for you to talk about how my blog name (and kidlets’ names) came to be.

I failed miserably.

But don’t take my word for it.  This Vlog is proof that I should never be behind a camera.  Ever.

If you watched that whole thing, thank you.  I know.  I owe you 125 seconds of your life that you will never get back.  However, if you want the real story about how my kids’ monikers came into existence, you can read my very first (public) blog post.

And from now on, I will let other people rock the Vlogs.  Because that is clearly not my forte.

53 Responses to Why Vlogging is a good idea. In theory.
  1. Ellen
    April 28, 2011 | 2:42 pm

The mere attempt makes you brave. A pioneer. Good thing you have great editing skills.

2. Queen Mahin
    April 28, 2011 | 5:44 pm

I just love this like crazy! So much awesomeness!

3. Kimberly
    April 29, 2011 | 10:55 am

Oh man, you crack me up. I’m so sure that you’re a newbie at video editing. You did a great job!
    I want more!!!

4. Making It Work Mom
    April 29, 2011 | 11:27 am

This is totally how I envisioned mine going if I had been brave enough to do it. I thought it was great! Now you totally have to commit to doing more!

5. Monster Likes #16
    April 29, 2011 | 8:50 pm

[…] super funny post, and the #1 that I don’t vlog, is a vlog by Booyah’s Momma at According to Chip and Bobo. If I ever get the balls to do a vlog, I’m 100% sure it would come out exactly like […]

6. Sandra
    April 29, 2011 | 10:44 pm

But come on, give yourself so much credit for doing it! You’re so pretty! I’m a chicken, so this is me standing up and applauding you!

7. Big Daddy
    April 30, 2011 | 8:40 am

That was, by far, the best Vlog I’ve seen all day. More!!!!

8. Rosa
    April 30, 2011 | 2:22 pm

Too funny ! Just the fact that you published this made me want more and it makes me think twice about trying it myself. To be honest, I had never heard of a Vlog before. So there you go…. Truly fun reading (an watching) your life stories. Keep them coming.

9. Sherri
    May 2, 2011 | 4:59 pm

Oh my gosh, I just saw this and it’s hysterical!!

And I will never attempt a vlog after this.

And you’re so adorable….

10. rubyspikes
    May 11, 2011 | 9:36 pm

OMG! That was the best post ever! The editing alone makes you a vlog goddess. I did tutorial videos for work for new software a year ago and it was a nightmare. You start “officially talking” and suddenly you end up in this weird, rambly place where you go off on tangents or don’t have a train of thought and you feel like a complete idiot. Your vlog captured that feeling PERFECTLY!!! Luckily for me, my videos were only voice-overs, so I quickly learned to just keep talking and edit out all my idiocity after the fact.

So funny. Thanks for sharing!

11. Jessica
    May 29, 2011 | 7:38 pm

Just came across this somehow and love it. I tried once and it was the exact same way. Just a big long series of takes that I screwed up because my kids were climbing on my head. You were so cute!!